Thursday, November 1, 2007

2007 Journal Quilt









Journal Quilt 2007 on Display @
International Quilt Festival in Houston, Texas
Statement:
A Page from My Book:
Journal Quilts 2007-Journal Quilt Project

Steph Winn
Las Vegas, NV
USA

Colors of My Life

Creative Quilting techniques used: Creative free design machine quilting on printed fabric (p. 98) Embellished accents with hot glue on crystals (p. 244 ) Over- painted with white Lumiere ® paint (p. 244)

I wanted to pick a fabric with colors I have felt. Trying to work with them, embellish, and molding them into how they have been incorporated in my life.
Each color is how I have felt this year. Hot pink and the spiked design is to show the hard times and hurtful times in my life. Losing a son, the anger and hurt of it all.
Purple/blue are the waves of the shock in my heart, waves of not understanding, turning all around inside. Many months of waves and many emotions turn with it. Finally it ends with the Green. The quilted leaves, new growth, somewhat of clarity, and how life renews and continues. The crystals represent the light of how my son touched people lives. He will forever be a light burning in the hearts of everyone that knew him.

3 comments:

Corky said...

Steph your quilt is beautiful and poignant at the same time. I'm sorry for your loss.

Nikki said...

You have created beauty out of your pain. I love the quilt. It can be so hard to see the beauty in all the chaos, but you have captured it wonderfully.

Carole said...

Definitely is the color of MY choice!
Beautiful and I am so sorry to learn of the loss behind this.
Carole